How We Use Financial Donations
Donations from generous community organizations, businesses, and citizens help our mission cover the basic expenses to operate and help purchase the everyday household supplies needed to make each home a comfortable place to live. Prayerfully consider our mission and where God is leading you in this area of stewardship. Your donations help with…
- GED Class fees
- Paper products
- Cleaning Supplies
- Hygiene Products
- Personal Resident Expenses
- Employment or Interview Clothing
Please note, your generous financial donations are applied to Guiding Light and/or the Resting Place – wherever it is needed most.
Please make checks to Guiding Light (we are unable to accept checks written to Resting Place).
We are a 501 C 3Non Profit Organization. Your donations are tax deductible! Visit the IRS website for information on how to claim charitable deductions on your tax statement.
How to Donate Financially
This supports our ministry
- Donate via PayPal
(Link will take you to PayPal’s website)
- Mail or drop off a check, payable to “Guiding Light”
592 S. Main St. Lima, OH 45804
- Our mission is by chance or appointment during the week, and on Saturday 12-4pm. Contact us to set up a time to drop off food, household goods, and/or new or gently used items
- We also accept cash donations!
We welcome donations of essential things but have a strong need for items which need replenishing regularly such as cleaning products, paper products, personal care items, and food. Clothing and new/gently used items for the house, moms, and children are also welcome and will be distributed as they are needed. Please contact us first with durable/reusable goods first to see if we have a need for those items as our space for storing things is limited.
Growth and multiplication is part of our future plans. Large “items” such as cars and houses are always accepted, and we will work with you to ensure the smooth transition of such large investments.
We respectfully care for our donations and distribute them among the homes as they are needed.
All donations can be dropped off at the Guiding Light location on 592 S. Main St, Lima OH. We are open by chance or appointment during the week.
We are very thankful and very appreciative to all of you that have already donated and continue to do so, and thank you in advance for the ones who are considering donating to our organization. May God bless these donations to help us reach lives for Christ!
Thank you for your generosity! We are in need of the following items/household goods.
- Paper Products (toilet paper, facial tissues, paper towels)
- Bath Towels (wash towels and full length)
- Gas Cards (we use these for our volunteers who help our clients travel to important interviews and appointments when public service transport is not an option)
- Hygiene Products (feminine, soaps, shampoo, deodorant)
- Pillows (Standard)
- Hand Soap
Updated December 2021
Other Ways to Help