Prayer is a vital part of the life of the believer, and we appreciate your prayers to support the residents and our ministry. Below are suggested prayers that are directed to our residents, staff, and volunteer needs. Thank you for your support.
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." Ephesians 6:18
- Pray for each resident staying at the home; for healing, for peace, and for them to know the love of Christ and God the Father during their stay.
- Pray for good health of residents and volunteers
- Pray for restored relationships between family members; between parents and residents, between residents and their children, between residents and their spouses. Many have a need for mended and healthy relationships; where that is not possible please pray for ability to set healthy boundaries and for forgiveness.
- Pray for those who have lost loved ones; many of our residents feel the pain of loss deeply and it has often been a trigger for destructive behaviors. Pray for comfort and for them to know Christ’s presence in their life.
- Pray for our residents to have grace to forgive themselves for past mistakes and to have courage to press on and achieve their dreams and goals.
- Pray for those seeking employment.
- Pray for clear and gracious communication between staff and residents.
- Pray for those employed and juggling many appointments, classes, and day to day tasks.
- Pray for those with chronic health conditions that impact their ability to find employment and their day to day life.
- Pray for those in recovery from substance abuse.
- Pray for protection from the enemy and for grace and patience with one another; in a situation already heightened due to very trying life circumstances, we have found that different personalities, health issues, and the day to day tasks required by this program can create an environment where residents and staff must grow in their ability to display patient and gracious attitudes towards one another. Pray that they learn of Christ’s love and patience, that they might display this to others.
- Pray for our volunteer house moms: Yvonne, who gives so much and is a tremendous source of comfort and help for the residents. For J, who is a strong role model, juggling many responsibilities as house mom while maintaining a job
- Pray for our staff to have wisdom, patience, to be gracious and full of the Holy Spirit as they navigate daily challenges in helping women achieve and set goals, attend doctor appointments, hearings, and work through interpersonal conflicts.
- Pray for the board of directors; for their wisdom and for God to lead them in decision making that will bring glory to Him through this ministry.