Prayer is a vital part of the life of the believer, and we appreciate your prayers to support the residents and our ministry. Below are our current prayer needs. Thank you for your support.
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."
- Pray for our volunteer house moms: Yvonne
- Pray for each resident staying at the home; for healing, for peace, and for them to know the love of Christ and God the Father during their stay.
- Pray for good health of residents and volunteers
- Pray for restored relationships between family members; between parents and residents, between residents and their children, between residents and their spouses. Many have a need for mended and healthy relationships; where that is not possible please pray for ability to set healthy boundaries and for forgiveness.
- Pray for those who have lost loved ones; many of our residents feel the pain of loss deeply and it has often been a trigger for destructive behaviors. Pray for comfort and for them to know Christ’s presence in their life.
- Pray for our residents to have grace to forgive themselves for past mistakes and to have courage to press on and achieve their dreams and goals.
- Pray for those seeking employment.
- Pray for those employed and juggling many appointments, classes, and day to day tasks.
- Pray for those with chronic health conditions.
- Pray for those in recovery from substance abuse
Thank you for your generosity! Please also visit our Donate page to learn more about what kind of donations are needed and how to donate. Below are some ideas for service projects that your church, ministry team, youth group, or bible study can get involved in. Please contact us if you’d like to work with us in this way.
Organize your local church, group or business to hold a donations drive for Guiding Light. For example, hold a drive for paper products, canned goods, or baby items.
We strive to be good stewards with what we have been given. Volunteers can spend a few hours taking inventory of our donations. This tells us exactly what we have – or what we need most.
Get a group together to spend a few hours organizing the donations in our basement. No dust bunnies here!
Our policy is to have supervision 24/7 at the Guiding Light home. We need reliable volunteers who can be housemoms and provide supervision and guidance. You can volunteer during a time that fits your schedule. You don’t have to have special qualifications, just a positive attitude! We do, however, require training in some basic classes to volunteer in this capacity.
Depending on the time of day, duties might include
-Overseeing meal times and helping with cooking
-Transportation to doctor appointments or interviews
1 Timothy 3:1: “The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task.”
Do you like to teach and have something to share? Part of our mission at Guiding Light is to encourage continuing education in order to equip these precious ladies for success once they have obtained housing. Here are some classes we’d like to add:
– Exercise (morning)
– Homemade products
This is a relaxed environment where we have fun and learn together. You need no special qualifications, just a willingness to teach!
Titus 2:7-8 “In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness, and soundness of speech…”
We rely on support from our generous community, so fundraising is a regular need. Talk to community and area businesses for us. We’d love to put your enthusiasm and expertise to use in this area! If this is your calling, give us a call!
Guiding Light is like a second home to our residents and we want them to know how much they are loved. Hosting events – like a baby shower or birthday party – for them is one way we show love as part of their extended family.
Evening of Inspiration
The annual Evening of Inspiration is a special occasion where we celebrate our residents, volunteers, and supporters. A home cooked meal is served, testimonies are shared, and we pray that it is an encouraging evening for all who attend. We welcome your assistance in planning this event and sending invitations.
We also have a need for an event coordinator to brainstorm, organize, and facilitate events (such as fundraisers or seasonal celebrations).
Another option is to collect prizes to use at fundraising events. Prize give-aways are a fun and exciting option to have at fundraising events.
Have a facebook account? Twitter or instagram? Share our organization with your friends and spread awareness of our mission!